2 cups sliced apples
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
1/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup shortening or butter
1/4 cup flour
- Mix apples, sugar and flour together and put in greased 9″ pan.
- Mix topping ingredients until crumbly and spread over apples.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Hollow out the core of one good baking apple, such as Haralson.
- Fill the hole with 1Tbsp. brown sugar, topped with 1 tsp. butter.
- Place in a microwave safe glass dish, cover. Cook on high for approximately 5 minutes.
One apple = 1 serving
- Peel and slice 6 apples, such as Haralson.
- Place in a microwave glass dish and toss with sugar and cinnamon, to taste.
- Microwave on high approximately 5 minutes, until apples are tender. (Stir once after 2-1/2 minutes.)
- Mash with a fork or puree in a food processor, if desired.
- Follow the package instructions to make 2 servings of either regular or quick cooking oatmeal on the stove or in the microwave.
- Before cooking, add one apple diced into ½-in. pieces and 1 Tbsp. walnuts.
- Top with sugar and cinnamon or brown sugar, if desired.